Glencoe Pinto/Highland Park Double A (1st Grade)
1. Length of Game
- An inning will consist of all players batting through the order. A regulation game will consist of four innings or one hour, whichever occurs first. No new innings can start after 50 minutes.
- Coach pitch will be employed. During coach pitch, if a batter does not put the ball in play after 4 swinging strikes, the “Batting T” is used. Each player receives 3 swings with the tee, after which the coach shall assist the batting in putting the ball in play. Hitting the rubber portion of the tee is considered a foul ball. Every batter must put the ball in play. There are no strikeouts or walks.
- A player will not be allowed to run the bases if the player is called out on a play.
2. Field Dimensions
- The bases will be 60 feet apart.
- The pitching rubber will be 35 feet from the back of home plate.
3. Batting Rotation and Substitution
- Batting order can be reset from game to game. Coaches are encouraged to rotate players into different positions within the batter order from game to game.
- The defensive lineup will consist of all players.
- A team may play with seven players but no less.
4. Base Running
- No leadoffs or stealing.
- Runner must hold his base until the ball is put into play.
- Runner may not advance on a overthrow
- The maximum amount of innings a player can play in the field at any one position is one inning.
- All players must play an infield position for two innings minimum.
- The offensive team will provide a coach as a catcher. A catcher may be employed by the defensive team to field the catcher position after a ball has been hit. The coach should assist a player in the use of the “Batting T” and moving along the pace of the game.
- Positions must be rotated to five players a chance to play both infield and outfield. Players can play no more than one inning at a given position in a game. Caution is advised to ensure that a player can control a glove in order to safely play the “skilled positions,” such as defensive pitcher and first base.
- Players cannot sit out of a fielding position a second time until all the players have sat out once.
- All players will rotate games as starters.
- Outfielders must have both feet in the grass at all times.
- A coach of the defensive team may stand in center field and coach the outfielders, provided that the coach does not interfere with play in any way.
- Coaches pitch to players overhand.
- We recommend from throwing from one knee.